January 3, 2012

George Benson: Still the Coolest of Cats - Premier Guitar

George Benson: Still the Coolest of Cats - Premier Guitar


excerpt:
You recently auctioned off some instruments you owned that originally belonged to some pretty famous people.
Yes. Pat Metheny bought Wes Montgomery’s L5 at auction. I didn’t know it until I ran into him in Europe and he said, “George, I got the Wes guitar.” And I’m happy, because now I know it’s in good hands. I worried about it when I auctioned it off. Also, Grant Green’s guitar. That’s one of the best-sounding instruments I’ve ever heard, but it was in my closet and I was afraid the termites were going to eat it up. Considering the times being what they were, we did very well and got a lot of money.



Also audio lessons when you follow the link below in the german magazine Gitarre & Bass:
Naima by J. Coltrane
http://www1.gitarrebass.de/magazine/index.php?ID=201201214


Transkription

Jazz! George Benson spielt Naima

No comments:

Post a Comment