February 28, 2012

Robben Ford statusupdate FEB 28


Statusupdate
Van Robben Ford Music
GREETINGS FROM TOKYO!

I'm here in Tokyo playing with a fantastic Miles Davis tribute band--Omar Hakim on drums, Darryl Jones from the Stones on bass, Wallace Roney on trumpet and Joey DeFrancesco on B3 organ. Great band and looks like it might have legs for Europe and even the US. We're shooting live TV here on March 1st so YouTube here we come!

Developing my new pedalboard with Vertex Effects Systems and it's coming along nicely. Mason Mangella really knows his stuff! We'll put a picture up when I get back from Japan.

I'll be recording for my own new project for Mascot Records in April. Hope you like the blues! The band will be a different kind of group than usual for me. Looking forward to making some new music. I'll keep you posted.

Robben

No comments:

Post a Comment