November 24, 2012

IN2 The Spirit: Blues fusion style Christmas guitar fest


*IN2 The Spirit* a Christmas Jazz & Blues CD

Support this unique artistic endeavour that takes traditional Christmas music to a whole new level! Featuring world-class musicians from Toronto, New York & LA.

With your support: I may be able to make this years 2012 Christmas realease date on iTunes. Regardless, I will stream rough mixes of this album the week leading up to Christmas until New Years Day.
I'm John Findlay, and I've been working in the music business for over 25 years as a Guitarist, Pianist, Singer, Composer and Producer. Your support will help me bring to life a project that I've been working hard on for over four years. My aim is to breathe new life into the Christmas genre, with compelling, creative arrangements and powerful performances.

How it all began....

The "IN2 the Spirit" album project started out 'just for fun' one Christmas when I recorded an arrangement of Little Drummer Boy so I could teach it to my 7 year old son on drums and piano. After a few years, I had finished quite a few 'for fun' demos and friends & colleagues started requesting that I turn it into a serious Christmas album project....and....
now I've now completed 90% of the project and have already recorded some of the world's finest talent including Bill Payne from Little FeatWill Lee from the David Letterman Show and Keith Carlock drummer for Sting, James Taylor and Steely Dan (full credits here.)


Drummer Boy.Silent Night.12 Days.The Christmas Song.
Carol Of The Bells.Ye Faithful.Midnight Clear.Jingle Bells.

Hark.Good King.Christmas Tree.Ghost of Blue Christmas.Ye Merry Gents
Santa Claus.Nu Lang Zyne.





Singer-songwriter, guitarist & pianist John Findlay has worked with numerous pop, blues & jazz luminaries including: Matt “Guitar” Murphy, Katrina and the Waves, Marc Jordan, Carlos Del Junco, Colin Linden, Rita Chiarelli, Georgie Fame, Snooky Prior, Sylvia Tyson, Cindy Church, Richard Carpenter & Carol Welsman. 
With the release of “FAIRPLAY” at Hughs Room in 2006 John garnered the attention of the Canadian blues community and the CD has sold all around the world. 
” My sound is a kind of uptown goes downtown…” Steely Dan meets Little Feat with a touch of Motown: a mix of blues, jazz and funky New Orleans. 
John is currently a member of the Johnny Max Band and they have been nominated for a JUNO this year for best blues CD. 
Check out more blues and some of John’s TV & documentary scores at www.johnfindlaymusic.ca.

No comments:

Post a Comment