November 2, 2012

Pat Metheny Technology Speech



' It just kinda happens that chronologically I'm sort of right at the sweet spot. You know, I kinda came along and got interested in music right at the time that guitar was exploding. My trajectory is a little bit different in that while most everybody that took up the guitar to rebel against their parents through rock & roll I found that if I took up jazz I could not only rebel against my parents but also all my friends, since nobody knew what I was talking about". Pat Metheny

Pat Metheny talks about his history with guitar synthesizers and technology.
In fact Pat is not that crazy about synths hence the Orchestrion project. Via midi a lot of acoustic instruments are triggered from the guitar in an amazing way as you can see in the demonstration.


EG is the premiere gathering of innovators in media, technology, entertainment and education. The conference explores our most creative enterprises by engaging a stunning and gifted mix of talents — from rising stars to living national treasures, the people who attend EG are among the most industrious and iconoclastic talents of our time.
If you want to out-think or out-create your competition, you need more than fresh ideas: you need individuals and teams who are driven to develop them. EG overflows with these exemplars.


No comments:

Post a Comment