December 23, 2013

Marc Guillermont interview.

Check out this great interview by Laurie with one of the best fusion players around!

Marc Guillermont: The French King of Fusion talks to Truth In Shredding

 
From NAMM 2013

I have been a big fan of Marc Guillermont's playing over the years having appeared on numerous jazz fusion albums and solo efforts... I just love his fluid legato playing, and that blend of inventiveness that separates the men from the boys. I'd not seen Marc play live except on YouTube videos. So you can imagine my pleasure whilst attending NAMM in California, bumping into Marc Guillermont on the Paul Lairat stand. I watched him play, grabbed a bag of video and solo camera shots. Like all players he's drawn to the very best talents and I catch him at the MI stand watch Scott Henderson play. Later in the year I caught up with Marc again at the Frankfurt Musikmesse. This time we said hello and I decided that I would at least get an interview together with this remarkably talented musician.

Read more….

No comments:

Post a Comment