August 2, 2014

No more Tribal Tech!

'Willis and I have decided not to continue with Tribal Tech. There are many reasons, but here are a few of mine. 

I find it difficult to work on music when band members live in other countries. It’s a lot of work sending files back and forth, and there’s an unbelievable amount of post-production needed after the basic tracks are done. The recording budgets are low enough with a trio - I can no longer justify spending that amount of time for the same budget with a quartet. 

It’s a similar situation with touring. I have a family to support and thankfully I’m making good money with my trio and HBC. Nothing against keyboard players, but I’m having a great time writing instrumental music for guitar and I want to put all my attention on that path because it’s more challenging as a guitarist and composer. I still hope to play with Deron Johnson in LA, and also with Steve Taviglione, two of my favorite musicians. 

Thanks to all the fans who supported Tribal Tech!'
Scott Henderson

forum.

No comments:

Post a Comment